Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Meet the Fairy ~ Utopia: The Queen of the Tuatha De Danann

Hiddy Hi! It is me, Shasta! I am so nervous. On this week's Meet The Fairy, I get to interview a Fairy Queen! Yes! Queen Utopia has agreed to be interviewed today. She is so smart and gorgeous and magical and Here She Is! I see her spinning green and golden lights swirling in the doorway.

Shasta ~ Hello your Majesty, welcome to my blog. I hope you had a pleasant journey.

Utopia ~ Hello, Shasta. It was very pleasant, and please call me Utopia. We don't need to be so formal. I am here to have a nice, relaxed chat with your mortal friends.

Shasta ~ You are too kind, your Maj... Utopia. It was so good of you to come.

Utopia ~ I was happy to be invited. I have always loved mortals and the way they think. Now, I am ready to get started.

Shasta ~ Alright, here is your first question. The mortals would like to know all about your fairy troop.

Utopia ~  My troop is known as the Tuatha De Danann (Tootha day danan). Our name derives from the goddess Danu - The Mother Goddess whose divine waters give all life. Our power is great, for we possess many magic talisman. 
We are one of the oldest fairy troops in Fey.

Shasta ~ So how long has your fairy troop been around?

Utopia ~ Since before the keeping of time.

Shasta ~ Wow, I can't even imagine how long that would be. What role do you play in Fey?

Utopia ~ We are one of the strongest Fey fairy families. We try to keep order amongst the other fairies and keep the dark Fey at bay. We do not use our powers on others unless it is needed. For the most part, we try to keep Fey happy and carefree.

Shasta ~ I have heard of all of the fabulous parties your troop has arranged. I will have to attend one sometime.

Utopia ~  Yes, you should. We are quite proud of our parties and everyone is invited, even mortals.

Shasta ~ Oh, my. The mortals are saying that they are afraid to go to your parties for fear that they would not be allowed to return to mortal ground.

Utopia ~ That is just plain silly. But then again, who would want to return to mortal ground after seeing the wonders of our fabulous Fairyland? Their own minds would trap them here, not us.

Shasta ~ I can see your point. They are ready to slip away from this topic. It still scares them a little bit. Now they would like to know what you look like?

Utopia ~ That depends on what I want to look like, but my true form is that of the fairy queen.  My hair is golden and I usually wear it down around my face. My eyes are emerald and my gown is green silk and covered with dancing yellow and green lights, which swirled around me constantly. I wear a small crown adorned with a giant emerald. I am petite, but  definitely not delicate.

Shasta ~ You are truly beautiful. 

Utopia ~ Why, thank you, my dear.

Shasta ~ My mortal audience has one last question for you. They would like to know why the fairy counsel picked Katie, Billy, Donnie and Ariel to be the Chosen Ones? 

Utopia ~ Well, I really wish I could tell them, but that would make me a spoiler and I never want to be called that. They will just have to read the book to find the answer they seek.

Shasta ~ I knew they couldn't trick you into telling them that. You are much too wise. Is there anything you would like to tell our mortal fans before you go?

Utopia ~ Yes. All of you will really enjoy reading about our land in The McCory Chronicles: Katie McCory and the Dagger of Truth. And there is so much more for you to learn about us in C.L. Collar's next book. It is very exciting!
Now, I must take my leave. "By the Tuatha De Danann, By the star, moon, sun and land, with the power of the night, I go to party through the night!  Evah Htiaf Ni Yef!”

Shasta ~ Wow, she certainly knows how to make an exit. I think after we sign off I will go and join the party. You know the drill. If you have any questions for Utopia, just post them in the comments below. Until next Wednesday we will be as always Having Fun in Fey! You can come join us if you dare. LOL.

 


 

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I never thought I'd see the day that a fairy would be interviewed on a blog. This really was a treat. My gratitude to Her Majesty for taking the time to do this. I was wondering is it true that fairies are responsible for the changes that go on in nature (like summer becoming fall or flowers blooming)? I ask because there have been many films (that's a form of storytelling we have in this world Queen Utopia) that said it was so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Utopia ~ Thank you for asking David. Yes, That is one of the Nature Fairy's biggest jobs. They try to keep everything on track but sometimes a mischievous pixie or ornery elf will try to undo their work. That is why the weather is so unpredictable. We do our best to set things straight as soon as possible. Thank you so much for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete