Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Meet The Fairy (Willowood)

Hello everyone out there in Mortal Land!
Shasta

It is Wednesday and you know what that means! It means it is time to Meet The fairy!


Today we are going to meet a very illusive fairy. She is very shy and very claustrophobic, so instead of doing her interview here in my office, we are going to meet her in her forest.
You all are in for a real treat. Today you get to meet Willowood ~ The Green Lady of the Forest.

Willowood has a place all set up for us in this clearing. Just pull up a log and make yourself comfortable. I see her coming now. She is in her squirrel form right now, but she will transform into her elegant self before the interview.

Shasta ~ Hello Willowood. How are you this fine day? Oh now don't be shy. These nice mortals just want to learn a little more about you and your forest magic. Come on, shift shape for me please.

Willowood ~ Alright, but let's make this as short as possible. I really do not like all of this attention directed at me. I do appreciate you coming to my forest to do this interview. I would never have been able to endure being stuck inside with all those walls around me.

Shasta ~ No problem at all, Willowood. It was nice of you to invite us into your realm. It is so beautiful here.

Willowood ~ It is, isn't it. Nothing is as nice as being out in nature amongst all her beauty and animals. Now what is it that you want to know?

Shasta ~ Okay, let's get started. First the mortals want to know what you look like.

Willowood ~ Well, most of the time I look like I do now. I am tall and thin, with green skin and wild and carefree dark green hair. I usually adorn it with berries and twigs from my forest. My dress is formed from all of the leaves in my realm and changes as they do through the seasons. We celebrate every season except winter. Winter is not allowed in my realm.

Shasta ~ I don't think the mortals know that winter is not allowed in very many of the realms in Fey. They cannot control the weather, so they have to endure the cold, whether they like it or not.

Willowood ~ That is so sad. I could not bear to see the dying of my gorgeous trees and bushes, not to mention the hardship that would be placed on my wonderful woodland creatures. I am so sorry they have to endure this harsh season.

Shasta ~ It is okay, Willowood. They are mortals and know how to adapt and even enjoy the cold weather. Now our next question. They would like to know why you shape shift?

Willowood ~ Well, that is quite simple. I can travel through the forest more quickly as a squirrel. It is also a very good way to keep out of sight of anyone who wishes to do me harm. I love my squirrel form. It brings me closer to the animals in my realm.

Shasta ~ That is a very good point. I never thought of that. But can't you just disappear and travel by air like most fairies do? 

Willowood ~ Oh, no. I am a land spirit. I must always have at least on paw or foot on something that is connected to the ground. The soil is my life source.

Shasta ~ I see. That does make sense. Can you tell our inquisitive audience out there in Blogland how your magic works?

Willowood ~Hmmm. Let's see, my magic is drawn from the forest. I can command anything in my forest to do my bidding, but that is not ever needed. I take care of all of the trees, animals and anything else that lives in my realm, so they naturally come to my aid whenever it is needed. The Druids use my trees to pass information all around Fey. They are my closest friends. 

Shasta ~ So how would this magic be used?

Willowood ~ When the forest is brought to life, it can be a very ominous place to be. The trees and vines can trip or capture you. The rivers and streams can overflow and swallow you up. All of the animals can come together to capture you and keep you contained until your fate has been decided. This is where the old saying that mortals know too well comes from, It is Not Wise to try to Fool Mother Nature. But my forest can be very helpful to those who are true of heart.

Shasta ~ How is this so?

Willowood ~  My forest contains many helpful fairies such as Nymphs, Oakmen and Water Sprites. Their magic can heal wounds, and clear paths for those they want to help. Also, many fruits and berries of my realm carry magical powers. You just have to know which ones are good and which ones are not. Some of my berries even choose who they deem worthy of their powers, by killing those who they do not like and giving their gift of magic to those they do. The forest is a very complicated place to live.

Shasta ~ That is very interesting and a little scary. The mortals don't think it is a place they would like to visit.

Willowood ~ They would be fine as long as they learned to talk to the trees through their Druids. The Druids are very old and very wise. They know every secret the forest has. 

Shasta~ But how does a mortal learn to talk to a druid, Willowwood?

Willowood ~ I am so sorry, but I have to go now. The rabbits are calling for my help. It is probably another one of those ugly, nasty goblins trying to catch them for his dinner. Just wait till I get my hands on him. I will send him so far into the desert, he won't ever find his way out.

Shasta ~ But, Willowood, the mortals need to know how to talk to the Druids.

Willowood ~ Tell them to read the book 'The McCory Chronicles ~ Katie McCory and the Dagger of Truth. It is all explained in there. I really must go. 

Shasta ~ Bye, Willowood. Thanks for the interview. We all hope your sweet little bunnies are safe. My, you do travel fast as a squirrel.

Well, that was quite exciting. I sure hope that she makes it there in time. Wasn't that a fun interview? If you have any questions for Willowood that we didn't answer here just post them in the comments below and I will do my best to get you your answers. Right now I think I will try to follow her and see what happens. TTFN




No comments:

Post a Comment